|Posted by Rachel Basye on January 10, 2021 at 9:25 AM|
- 1 chopped leak, 1 chopped parsnip, 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup peas
- 3 pieces bacon or thick ham
1. Put these in a baking pan and roast for 45 minutes.
2. While roasting, cook 3 pieces of Irish bacon (very little fat) in a stock pot. If using fatty bacon, drain before adding veggies.
2. Move roasted veggies to the stock pot/dutch oven and add 1 cup of split peas.
3. Cover with water and simmer until peas are cooked.
Add bouquett garni spice. Also, salt and pepper to taste.
Best served with good bread. (We used our homemade brown bread)